Information on the Collection of Personal Data
The operators of this websites take the protection of your personal data very seriously. Personal data are all data that can be related to you personally, such as name, address, email addresses, and user behavior (information referring to an identifiable natural person (Art. 4, No. 1 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR))).
Controller according to Art. 4, par. 7 GDPR is the speaker of the CAOS research unit, Professor Dr.-Ing. Erwin Zehe, Kaiserstrasse 12, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org (see Legals). The Data Protection Commissioner of the leading institution (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, KIT) can be contacted at email@example.com or by ordinary mail with “Die Datenschutzbeauftragte” (the data protection commissioner) being indicated on the envelope.
When you contact us by electronic mail, the data given by you (your email address and, if applicable, your name and your phone number) will be stored by us to answer your questions. The data arising in this connection will be erased as soon as storage will no longer be required or processing will be restricted, if legal obligations to retain the data exist.
We would like you to note that internet-based data transmission (e.g. when communicating by electronic mail) may have security gaps. Absolute protection of data against access by third parties may not be guaranteed.
Collection of Personal Data
Our website is for information purposes only and does not register or transmit personal information, except for the data that are transmitted by your browser to our server according to the settings made by you (server log files). For viewing our website, we collect the data required for this purpose and needed for ensuring stability and security according to Art. 6, par. 1, clause 1, (f) GDPR:
- Anonymized IP address
- Date and time of access
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the access (concrete site)
- Status of access/HTTP status code
- Data volume transmitted
- Website from which an accessing system reaches our website
These data cannot be referred to certain persons. These data will not be combined with other data sources. We reserve the right to check these data later on, if concrete indications of unlawful use become known to us. For further details about the used software for our website, please refer to www.picocms.org
For reasons of security and for the protection of the transmission of confidential contents, such as inquiries sent to us as website operator, this website uses SSL encryption. In case of an encrypted connection, the address line of the browser changes from http:// to https:// and the lock symbol is indicated in your browser line. When SSL encryption is activated, third parties cannot read the data you transmit to us as a rule.
As far as your personal data stored by us are concerned, you have the following rights:
- Right of access
- Right to rectification or erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to object to data processing
- Right to data portability
(2) In addition, you have the right to complain about the processing of your personal data by us with a supervisory authority. (3) In the case of manifestly unfounded or excessive requests, we can charge a reasonable fee. Otherwise, information will be provided free of charge (Article 12, par. 5 GDPR). (4) In the case of reasonable doubts concerning the identity of the natural person asserting the above rights, we may request the provision of additional information necessary to confirm the identity of the data subject (Article 12, par. 6 GDPR).
We do not use any cookies to run the service of this website.